Mirror garden decor-5 design tips from experts
People have long been interested in creating illusory spaces and unusual effects. This trend applies both to the arrangement of premises and to landscape design.
This purpose perfectly serve mirrors and other reflective surfaces that allow you to expand the space, make the area more Sunny, redirect the flow of light, and in General, change the perception of the garden.
Of course, if we are talking about the use of mirrors in landscape design, we are talking about special materials that are durable, resistant to numerous environmental factors.
To ensure that the mirrors fit perfectly into the design solution for your site, follow the recommendations below:
1. The effect of perception, first of all, depends on the arrangement of elements, as well as on the direction of the planes. Strive to reflect not the people who walk in the garden, and nature, the sky, any decorative objects. This will allow you to make the space multifaceted.
2. Especially often mirror surfaces are used for arrangement of small sites. The landscaping of the yard can be interesting if the flower beds and plantings are reflected in another part of the garden. Thus, you will be able to achieve the maximum effect and, literally, to drown the site in greenery.
3. Today there is a wide range of mirrors that can be used for decoration of open areas. Of course, each type of material has certain requirements for installation and maintenance. For example, when using an acrylic mirror, it is important to align the surface as much as possible, if you want to correctly reflect part of the garden (or a particular object). However, if you want to make a mirror an element of decor, the effect of distorted space can be useful.
4. Designing areas with reflective materials often involves the use of elements made of mosaic. In this case, reflective materials decorate vases, benches, sculptures. Such elements are excellent compositional centers and successfully complement the gardens.
5. Mirrors can act as part of the decor. We are talking about the design of ponds and fountains. If at the bottom of the pond will be a mirror, you can achieve a stunning effect of reflection of water and sunlight. This picture is fascinating!