Green manure — it is recommended to adhere to the rules listed in article
Quite often, in the process of long-term planning of the garden, plants are used that do not allow the soil to lose water and moisture permeability.
For soil remain not planted (empty) enough harmful, so as she loses their properties and becomes infertile.
In order to preserve the soil and restore its structure, siderates are used. These are plants that have a beneficial effect on the soil and do not allow weeds to develop due to the developed root system.
In order for the use of siderates to be effective, we recommend that you follow the rules listed below:
1. Landscape design services often include planting of green manure plants in unoccupied areas. Before you perform the work of this plan, make sure that the site for a certain time will not be busy. Otherwise, you will waste time in vain, and doom yourself to perform a number of additional works.
2. Almost all siderates contribute to the accumulation of nitrogen in the soil, which can be considered a positive characteristic. If you want to make this process more effective, give preference to such types of plants as” red clover “and”Fenugreek hay.” Perfectly cope with the task such crops as rye, comfrey, buckwheat, mustard.
3. If you do not plan to use the site planted with siderata for a long time, we recommend from time to time to mow the upper part of the plants. Before using the territory for its intended purpose, it is necessary to dig up the soil together with the root systems. In this case, the siderates will act as a fertilizer, which will positively affect the fertility of the soil.
4. As a rule, siderates do not require special attention to themselves – watering, surveying, etc.works on care of plants can be performed only if you want to make this part of the territory more aesthetic, corresponding to the style of the rest of the landscape.
5. The types of plants that are planned to be planted are selected according to the type of soil. If the soil is sandy loam, it is best to give preference to “meat-red Clover”. On acidic soil grows well “Lupin”. Moist soils take crops, while clay areas are planted with Rapeseed, Radish, Clover.